Quiz Master - Assassin's Creed Edition

After essentially going through this lesson twice thanks to my laptop rebooting in the middle of the night one time, and for some reason, the code got buggy, I have now completed my Assassin’s Creed Quiz. Though there were times when I got mixed up, and a little frustrated, I am happy with the result and the journey to get here.

So, about the quiz: you have 10 questions regarding Assassin’s Creed. Some may be about game lore, and some may be about the development of the series. Take a crack at it, and if you have feedback let me know. Also, the resolution for the screen provided on share my game is a little too small to what I made the game in, but if you click full screen, you should get the full picture of the game.

While I did overall keep to what was explored in the lesson, I do have a few differences:
-Main Menu: It felt weird to start a game right into the game, so I made a Main Menu canvas, though your only two options are to start the quiz or quit the program.
-Wrong answer color: If you answer a question wrong, the quiz not only highlights what answer was the correct one, but which one you selected.
-Explanation: You don’t just get confirmation on whether the question was correct or wrong, after you select an answer, the quiz will give you a small explanation(if one is available), on why the following answer was correct or incorrect.
-Ranking: At the end, including your final score, you get a rank for how well you did.
I liked doing these though, because it allowed me to think how I would do it a little differently, what code I needed to do and where, and debug if issues arose from my own implementation.

Planned improvements: For now, I am considering the game complete, but I think there is a high chance I will revisit it after some time. I’ll look into being able to play without needing to go full screen on share my game, I want to add background music, and maybe improve the UI a little. Time will tell, but for now, I’m looking forward to exploring the next lesson.

Here’s the link, let me know how you did, and if you enjoyed it!! - ShareMyGame.com by GameDev.tv

Privacy & Terms