Quick Question Visual Studio

Hi everyone, hopefully this has been asked and answered somewhere else, however I can’t seem to find an answer. So even just a nudge in the right direction would be helpful.

In Visual Studio, when I was setting up the Oscillation Behavior on lecture 61. Mathf.Sin() For Movement Cycles my visual studio was acting strange. Specifically, it wasn’t offering helpful hints anymore. For example, I typed in:

[SerializeField] Vector3

it didn’t recognize SerializeField. It kept trying to correct it to “system” or “sim.” making every time I used Tab a nightmare to try and correct.

In addition, it didn’t naturally change “SerializeField” to the blue font like it does with my Rocket Controls file.

Is there some kind of setting that I am missing? Is visual studio only supposed to be running one .cs file at a time?

Any help is appreciated. If this should be in a different location, I apologize moderator. I am very new to the whole forum posting situation. If I am the one to delete it (and then ask in the appropriate place) please let me know.
/Jeff

Edit: I am currently on Visual Studio 15.9.2, but am updating to Visual Studio 15.9.4

Hi Jeff,

The behaviour you have described can often occur if only the script file is open, e.g. the solution and project are not loaded. It is the project which contains the references to the other libraries which the intellisense requires.

What is the version number of your install of Visual Studio?

Thanks for the fast reply!

The strangest thing was that when I opened it back up to check the version number, everything looked normal. I am not sure why that is.

I am currently on version 15.9.2, but will update to version 15.9.4 here in a moment.

So in short, it sounds like the Project wasn’t loaded? That seems a bit odd since it was created in Unity the same way that I created my rocket controls script. Is there a specific way that I should create my scripts in the future so that this doesn’t happen?
/Jeff

1 Like

This was my suspicion, 15.9.3 and Visual Studio Tools for Unity 3.9.2 have an issue which prevents the project from reloading after changes are made within Unity.

Upgrade to a more recent version and the issue will go away.

You can read about the issue in my previous topic;

Awesome! Thank you so much!
/Jeff

1 Like

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms