Quick feedback/thought about "being driven"

I’d like to share something that might help others, if you’ve watched the “Being Driven” video in the FinishIt course.

I am in my mid 40’s, and I feel currently very driven to become an Unreal Engine expert.
When I was in my mid 20’s, I wanted to be a game developer, but I was not very driven. In my mid/late 30’s, I tried to learn Unreal Engine 4 and gave up after an hour. I’ve not started to seriously study UE until Unreal Engine 5 came out in early access less than 2 years ago.

So, in my mid 20’s I could have concluded that I was not driven and would never be driven about being a game developer.
But I would say, if you don’t have drive, just be curious and explore life, and eventually you will find your drive.
At least that seems to be how it worked for me. I was lucky enough to be able to quit a job some years ago and explore all kinds of things. And now I feel quite clear and grounded about my life purpose, and being a game developer is just part of serving that purpose, and it’s giving me plenty of drive.

So yeah, just leaving that out there in case it helps someone. Feel free to ask for any clarification if needed.

Privacy & Terms