Quick actions and refactorings

Hi.

In the manage next states video lecture, creating the method ManageStates by right clicking and selecting Quick Actions and Refactorings does not bring up the option to Generate Method. I’m using Visual Studio 2019, version 16.8.2. The help files seem to indicate the option should be present. Am I missing a configuration option?

Thank you.

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Does MonoBehaviour have the same colour as your classname? If not, there might be a problem with Visual Studio. Please watch lecture “Fixing Visual Studio Problems” (currently #4).

I will definitely do that, but while waiting for an answer, I dug a little deeper.

Some friends and family chipped in and bought me a computer to use for my software development and game programming business, and though I reinstalled all the software when I got it back from repair, screen issue, apparently, a lot of things ended up missing or not installed properly.

Once I have that dealt with and watch this video, I’ll come back if I need more help. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Issue fixed. :slight_smile:
Thank you.

I’m glad the issue is fixed. :slight_smile:

If your computer is supposed to be your future working station, I’d suggest to format the harddrive and reinstall your operating system as well as the programs you need. Who knows what you got back from repair. If the issue persists, I’d suggest to learn how to repair a computer yourself, or at least, learn how to open the tower and how to check if everything is plugged in properly. 15 minutes ago, I “repaired” my netbook by removing and remounting the battery again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms