Question regarding "Add Controller Pitch Input"

I’m really impressed that unreal automatically constricts and prevents the camera from pitching upside-down when you move the mouse all the way up or down. However, I remember testing out the StackBot demo released a few days ago, and they were using this node too, but they somehow changed the default value of how far up/down you can move the camera before it stops letting you move it further. Because it was a Third-Person game in that example, it was more restrictive with how much you could pitch the camera. I wanted to know, how do you customize these settings?

This is actually the responsibility of a class called the PlayerCameraManager, this gets created when the player controller is created and by default is set to 90-degrees. You can adjust these values by creating a child of the PlayerCameraManager class, though you’ll also need to create a child of the PlayerController class and set it’s PlayerCameraManager class property.

You can likely see this in action in the StackBot demo.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms