[Question] Dolly Track Waypoint Issues

Hello Gents,

I seem to be having an issue with the Dolly Track with Camera feature. As I am adding waypoints, I do not seem to get little miniture gameobjects to adjust their mini-transforms. There is only one gameobject that remains selected, which is the dolly track host itself.

I tried googling this issue, but only found one person who was having the same issue on the Unity forums, but there has been no response to his query that was submitted in June of this year.

Very odd. This isn’t a critical issue. I’ve tried toying with it for awhile, technically, I can move my field of view to an area and select the ‘Use my view as waypoint’ option. Just seemed nicer watching Rick adjust the waypoints with ease.

Any idea why this is happening?

-Ben

Can you show us a screenshot of what you are seeing and also which version of unity are you using?
There have been issues with the 2019 version and the dolly cam so it may well be that is the difference

I am clicked on the second way point, but as you can see, only the dolly track is selected. For some reason, these little way points don’t provide me transform (red, yellow, blue) things I can select like all other scene game objects. Very odd.

I am using the 2019 version so that must be it, very odd, Not a big deal, but I do hope they resolve. Thank you for taking the time to inform me of this!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Benjamin,

I’ve reviewed this lecture and also took at look at this screenshot again and i now realized that you have the combined transform tool selected.
If you selected the move tool only you should get everything displaying as expected.
Apologies for the wait for a solution on this one but its one of those missed a checkbox type of errors

Edit :- 2019 still has an issue where you get a null reference if you try to record the CM dolly cam
If you hit this later issue then you need to save the project. Close unity and reopen it, Its seems then you can hit record as in the lecture.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms