Question : Bullets don't fly

Unreal version 4.27.1
Toon Tanks v2

I made my project like on course. But without these parameters, it’s just hanging in the air. When on course it works fine.

My bullet doesn’t fly without “Simulate Physics” flag and doesn’t generate events without “Simulations Generates Hit Events”.

With “Simulations Generates Hit Events” flag events from 1 bullet works infinitely. Is that okay?
Is that okay to use “Simulate Physics” flag?

You shouldn’t need to simulate physics. Have you made sure the spawn point is far enough out?

That option is specifically for when physics simulation is enabled. If you enable physics simulation then it doesn’t generate hit events unless you tick that box.

Thanks for the answer.

I made it work without physic flag with flags in the movement component

But it is more fun with physics and delay on bullets to destroy :smirk:

I’m having the same issue so I’m here trying to see if the solution applies to me too. From Dan’s response sounds like the spawn point could be too close and it’s catching it with collision? I’ll try that…

Edit: Yep that was totally the issue, I had put the spawn point closer because I thought it would look nicer, but who cares about looking nice if it’s non functional!

Thank you Dan!! :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms