Question around "Preferred" Coding styles for UE4 C++

Firstly I am enjoying this course immensely, I started this as a break from the Unity Adventure series and have just loved it. And I honestly think it is helping me in the Adventure series as well. But one thing that is bugging me is how to properly layout and organise my files. Now not so much the .cpp but the Header file. I do like my structure it helps me alot. Now in Toon Tanks Rob goes an excellent job of showing his preferred way to organise a C++ project. ( which I have now adopted and did for This section as I follow Sam along.) But my long winded question is this I guess… is there a preferred way to seperate the various function declarations, components and variables between the two public sections that are created by Visual studio when you create a class? I am assuming that there must be a reasoning why they put two there in the first place. I know you can do what you want or what works best for you as Rob does with Toon Tanks… But I am totally new so is there split that is recognised? I know it a small thing but every time I code I am thinking is this right … it just how my brain works. So any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Personally, when I’m coding c++ in Unreal Engine I refer to the source code especially when I am thinking is this right. We can search VS for a lot of example and I conformed my coding to the UE standard. This is my way of doing but I always conformed my coding to the teacher standard too.

That helps me a lot to learn more way of coding in c++ because I believe that if your goals are to work in cooperation with other programmers or to work in this field, it is good to know several different practices and to be able to easily adjust your coding to a new team.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms