Question about more advanced actions

Hi, so I have two questions in regards doing some more advanced actions.

1. What is the most efficient way to create some action that repeats itself? For example changing sword action into something like double attack, where the player attack 2 times in one action. My idea is to create states for every attack but I don’t think it is the most efficent way

2. How should I go about creating action that can attack diffrent units at the same time? I thinking something like Searing Daggers in Divinity 2, where you select 3 targets to attack. For this one I don’t have any idea go to make it possible to allow player to select diffrent targets in one actoin

For the first question, the Double Attack… ideally an animation with both attacks baked in would do the trick. You could also use two animations having the first animation chain into the second animation, though it likely won’t look as nice.

Then you would simply have states for the first swing and the second swing with the appropriate time set for each.

For the second question… that’s a lot trickier. You would need a mechanism for selecting multiple targets/units… or perhaps something like everything around the character or around a given location that is clicked.

After some testing I found a way to create Double Attack, or rather Multihit Attack. I just put a for in second state and as long as counter is under let’s say 2 it will go back to first state, the only problem with that is animation triggering only once.

With the second, what whould be the best way to create that kind of mechanism?

You could trigger the animation again.

That’s a complex question. I don’t have an answer for that quite yet.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms