Question about importing a spritesheet into libresprite

In “Pixel Art Fundamentals - 2D Game Art Bite Size Course” - " Introduction To Pixels"
I downloaded this sprite sheet:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/undertale/sheet/76011/
and dragged it into libresprite, when i tried to add a new empty frame and have the onion skin so i can trace it, the new frame was completely black and i couldn’t see any traces of the original frame to trace.

it works fine for other sprite sheets, but it is different for this one, why is that and how can i fix it so it works like in the video?

Hi,

The only difference i can see is that the resolution of the sprite sheet compared to the one we use in the course is really big so i wonder if this is the root cause of the issue here.
I wonder if editing the image and downsizing the resolution will solve this issue as its the only thing i can see that differs

Hope this helps

thank you for your reply, i tried cropping the sprite sheet, the same thing happened but for some reason in orange this time.
i decided to open a new file with the same resolution as the sprite sheet and just select the image and copy it (instead of dragging the file into libresprite), and it works now.
probably was some problem with the foreground and background setting of the sprite sheet file.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms