Question about eye line

When you’re drawing the horizontal and vertical guidelines onto the header shape, am I suppose to use a downwards arc for the eye line, or an upwards arc for the eye line, or does it even matter?

My theory is that if they’re looking in an upwards direction, it should be a downwards facing arc or vice versa for looking downwards. And if they’re looking straight ahead, it should be a straight line.

Any advice?

1 Like

My assumption was the direction they’re looking matches the arc. Downwards curve for looking down, upwards for up, and a straight line for straight forward

1 Like

I think we might be saying the same things but not sure.
For the #1, I’d call this a upwards arc, whereas #2 I’d call an downwards arc. Take this with a grain of salt because it’s just my terminology haha.

Also, if I try drawing the opposite way it doesn’t seem right to me.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, I’d say the opposite. I’d refer to 1 as a downwards arc because it’s the lowest point in the center and the right would be upwards because of the apex. I see what you’re saying now though. So, for me, 1 would be looking down and 2 would be looking up. That way the nose and ear lines match with the eye line.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms