Question about editing multiple enemy (gameobject) timelines all at the same time

With wave 1 consisting of 3 ships, I put in a preliminary time line. There is 1 segment from say point “d” to point “e”, where this segment is traversed to fast. The only way I found to change it was to take each enemy ship individually and amend the animation. All 3 enemy ships remain in formation between the 2 points, so having to do this 3 times means the DRY principal is being ignored. I tried to get all 3 ships placed in the animator, but found I could only do 1 at a time, and thought to myself, that there must be a more efficient way. Does any one know of a better way to animate a formation of multiple game objects over one segment while still allowing them to behave individually over other segments? Or is this one of those cases where there is no solution to be DRY?

Perhaps childing the three ships to an empty object, say “group 1”, then animating group 1 in wave 1. Its just a thought. You may even be able to animate those same ships individually from another animation clip elsewhere.

Just brainstorming there…

Privacy & Terms