Question about "Disable Components Simulate Physics() "

Hi I’ve got a an Actor Component class called FloatingKeyEffect, and basically I want to put an object onto a pillar and have the object begin to float in place and rotate as it activates the trigger to open the door. Unfortunately the only way I can get the float effect to work is if I disable physics when the trigger is activated, but in that case I can’t pick the object back up, and sometimes the rotation sends the object out of the trigger volume, causing my door to shut and my object to become inaccessible. I managed to turn off the physics channel with DisableComponentsSimulatePhysics() but there is no reverse of that function, so I am unsure of how to re-enable the physics when the overlap is not taking place.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give. I’ll post a video when I get back later and explain in detail as well.

Cheers!
Tele

I think you should be able to use SetSimulatePhysics when you do the line trace?

Enable when you hit something and disable when it overlaps the trigger. May need to add a bool variable to determine whether it’s still in the trigger for the case when it’s within the trigger and you pick it up and release.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms