Question about building WebGL

Text is always tricky in Unity. I have the same problem with a non-pixel font in a standalone build. Very annoying, especially if the sprites look otherwise crispy, and when you are not sure anymore if the problem is in the game or if it’s your eyes. I figured that pixel fonts were easier to render. :confused:

You could try to increase the font size. See here.

I tried this:

I’m not sure, though, if this will help because you generate a font atlas, which is a texture. However, somebody under this video stated that increasing the font size had worked for him.

If nothing works, create sprites for your text like you did with “Subshooter”. This might not be the best solution but you do not have much text, so it’s just a few kb of additional files in your project.

I successfully build your game to WebGL in Unity 2019.3.6f1. The result looks fine.

(Click on the image.)

“Pixel Perfect” is not enabled. The rest is as described, except for the button sprites because I didn’t save the changes last time. The glyphs of “Start” look crispy.

“Created By Mulligamez” has got the wrong shader in the TMP component in the screenshot. I don’t remember if I accidentally changed it. The shader must be set to this one:

Haha your’e not kidding! Although I have been learning loads during this experience so thats great. I’ve been getting to the point that I’ve been looking at it so long I can’t tell whats up with it anymore! :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome, I’ve given that a try and I’ve made sure ‘pixel perfect’ it enabled and that the font is set to the shader above.

Things definitely look better now and I’ve been playing with the Text Mesh settings until I have a compromise I’m happy with, which is a relief. It’s not 100% there and it’s something I can keep tweaking but for now I’m going to celebrate the completion of the game as it’s been really fun to make!

Thank you so much for all your help, I’ve learned a lot more that I didn’t know before and I really appreciate your time spent helping me :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms