QT - Different Selection Methods

Hi i can’t find the right way to fix the issue can you help?

i also do an other try and i don’t know why the right side is goog but the left is not.
HELPPPPP

1 Like

The top one looks like you just moved the edges without extruding all the faces. You should be able to do it that way, just make sure to extrude all the stairs faces first. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure what happened with the bottom one. I think you may have extruded the faces to the right of the stairs instead of the faces that will be part of the stairway when you’re through. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Top one you have not extruded and cancelled, which creates the extra geometry.

Second one is odd as there is the geometry to move on the right side but not the left. Hard to guess how you did that.

Just possibly you have auto merge on which can mess this process up.
Full screenshots would have revealed that to me.

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also include the lecture time that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

1 Like

Grazie so much but it’s still not clear what am i supposed to do. i followed the lesson DIFFERENT SELECTION at minute 8:25 and i have selected all the edges but once i try to move i don’t have the same effect so what do you mean i have to extruded the faces? sorry and thanks for your help i’am becaming crazy

1 Like

i made a video to explain what am doing…maybe wrong. you can find the example here:

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/685240730/eeb78597bc
GRAZIE MILLE

1 Like

You need to add a little more geometry before doing that.
here is a way of doing it.

1. press the 3 key on your keyboard (or press the face-select button at the top of the window.).
  2. select the top face then, while hold the control key, click the bottom face. You should see all the faces highlight like in the picture below.
  3. press the “e” key and right click to cancel.

Now it should work the way you were trying to do it.
1 Like

THANKS A LOT!!!
finally it works I AM HAPPY
grazie mille
Silvia Jamira

2 Likes

Di nulla

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms