Pyramid with steps

here it is. I feel I’ve fallen a bit behind. I had to review lectures 29 - 33 a few times. I would make mistakes on the challenges and have to restart at various points but now I know better what issues to avoid (moving the loop cut in the wrong direction and remembering to remove duplicate vertices).

for a couple lectures I had no idea how I should do the challenge before watching the solution (I think it was lecture 29 and lecture 33 where I didn’t know where to begin for the challenge).

I was getting a bit discouraged b/c 3d modeling feels really challenging at this point. but I watched Fantastic Creatures and Where to Find Them and kind of feel that if you become very fluent in modeling, you can create quite magical things in the end and so I feel a little bit more energized.

as an aside I strangely found the film to be more engaging than the book (a screenplay originally). it is strongly visually inspired.

3 Likes

It’s definitely important to feel inspired to do something, and good on you for persevering! I like to find a balance between learning, and then randomly creating stuff when I feel like it to break up the monotony.

Great pyramid by the way.

@Irishblooded thank you for your comments :grinning:

Privacy & Terms