Prototype - Movement and Scale, and further questions

Hey guys! So I have created my prototype. It is similar to Rick’s in layout, with a few additions and modifications. In the video link below, I’ve attempted to get the terrain’s height to allow enemies to hide behind (with just the top of the head visible). I’ve also added “trees” to the scene, which I think work well with the scale. I’ve also changed the player values to achieve quicker turning and movement.

Basic Movement and Scaling

Also, the challenge asks for questions up to this point. So here is what I have come up with:

1. I understand that this course is about the design and implementation of RPG concepts. That being said, if I wanted to create my own RPG completely from scratch (original character models, for example), what is the best way to go about achieving this for a non-artist such as myself? (I prefer the technical side of things).

2. While I plan to go back and create my own RPG after following along with this course, I tend to find some motivation from games such as Guild Wars. One, of a few, concepts I drew from that is the ability to zoom closer/further from the player via the scroll wheel. What would some advantages/disadvantages be of implementing this?

Thanks for the feedback and help! I am really enjoying this course!

Privacy & Terms