PropertiesGUI() is being called recursively

Hi, when I tried to change the colour for Player Material, I got the following message:
PropertiesGUI() is being called recursively. If you want to render the default gui for shader properties then call PropertiesDefaultGUI() instead
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

I found similar questions in the community old posts but no solutions. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Many thanks in advance. Hannah

Hi Hannah,

Which version of Unity do you use? And what exactly did you do in your game project?

Hi, Nina, I am using Unity Editor 2020.3.20f1, following the Obstacle Course, part of your Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D. Thanks for helping.

I typed the message from your console into my favourite search engine, and this thread popped up: https://forum.unity.com/threads/imported-assets-colors-dont-render-as-expected-in-scene-and-game-view.880861/#post-5791264

In the bottom right corner of Unity, you have the Ground Material. Select a different shader in the dropdown menu which currently says “Standard”.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms