"Project is out of date" How do I get rid of this message

Hey there! So I’m using Visual Studios 2017 and I’ve been following the example code exactly. When I go to run the code, right before it builds, I get a message saying that my project is out of date. Is there any way you can tell me how to not get this message before I run my code. I assume it’s because the example code is old and there may be a new way of typing the commands, but how can I translate that to current code?

Thanks in advance!

I was having the same problem on VS 2017 and for a while thought that that’s just how it works. But it got annoying and so I searched the error and landed on this stackoverflow answer.

I didn’t really understand what all that meant but the 2nd to the last paragraph talks about deleting .tlog files so I went into my solutions folder, copied all the .tlog files to my desktop (just in case I needed it back) then deleted all of them. Just the .tlog files, not the one that’s a folder. I closed VS 2017 and re-opened it and now the pop up isn’t showing anymore.

Edit: it turned up again after a few saves/ctrl + f5 but I just checked the “Do not show this” checkbox now. I’m not sure if that’s a good idea though so I hope someone will chime in.

Hey man! Thanks for the reply! I’ll have to give that a try!

Thanks again!

Privacy & Terms