Project "Discord" - Level Blocked Out

Back again with my latest updates. I spent a lot of time this evening on camera perspective so the map looks a bit bare, but a lot of it is relying on getting assets produced and want to make sure I do that bit at the right time. I’m learning my limitations, fast, when it comes to design. Theory & Code comes relatively easy, but designing is difficult and not something I am particularly good at, but it’s important to get a working prototype :slight_smile:

Anyway, I have 2 screenshots for you guys to view. They are pretty bare, but hopefully the level’s blocked out enough to convey what I’m going for. It’s also worth mentioning that the game has a somewhat open world feel and, right now, seems sparse. I’ll be working on getting the right depth over the coming days.

I wanted to include a perspective of the character, too, as it is relevant to understanding the feeling that I am going for:

Please go easy on me :slight_smile:

what camera type will you be going for in your game? Fixed top down or third person?

Planning to do fixed top down, though I may have a bit of flexibility in the camera layout, allowing players to place it as they want when idle - for example.

Privacy & Terms