Project Boost - Unity bug in the lecture "Respawn using SceneManager"

Hello, my name is Tomaz. I have reported a bug in Unity forum regarding lighting in the scene getting darker in the course “Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D Online Course” - Project Boost → lecture “Respawn using SceneManager” under TomazMB report - 27.9.2021:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/solved-scenemanager-loadscene-make-the-scene-darker-a-bug.542440/

Can you also confirm that it is a bug? Do you have a workaround? Thank you. Regards, Tomaz

Hello, I can also confirm that this solution from one member “rozamondo” work:

“My solution was to generate lighting next to the greyed out auto generate box under Window > Rendering > Lighting.
After generating once manually when I reload the scene with a script lighting in my scene remains at full brightness.”

Regards, Tomaz

If I remember correctly it is an editor only bug for some people, won’t be an issue if you build the finished project.

Hello, yes could be, since there are not a lot of responses from other customers who have bought this course. I just brought this up in case someone else will have similar issue with this weird editor bug which have a status solved on Unity forum and it stil rise from the grave. Just in case when someone has similar PC configuration as I have to find possible similarities at finding a cause:

Windows 10 Pro, latest drivers
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
RAM 32 Gb
NVIDIA RTX 3070, driver 472.12
Samsung 980 Pro SSD 2 TB
Unity Personal Edition 2020.3.18f1, 3D Project

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms