Project boost audio source on asset causes asset to not move as before

Hello, I am doing project boost lecture and i am on video 15. I just added the new audio source to my rocket asset. Previously with a weight of 0.1 my rocket would fly but when I added the audio source it stopped doing that. ( ı had to decrease the weight to 0.1 but its still clunky). And I dont think this is related to script because the issue comes even when I comment out the script, and persist until i delete the audio source. How can I fix this?

Edit: I just did video 17 and used time.delta time and still problem persists. If I use the numbers for thrust and weight given in the lecture, my rocket doesnt have enough speed move even though it tries to move. I need to Increase the thrust to 3000 to have some effect.

Hi,

This is a known problem in Unity, probably a bug. What happens if you do not have the rocket selected in the Hierarchy while running your game? Does that fix it? If not, use 3000 or higher for the thrust value. We do not need any realistic values for this game anyway.

1 Like

I tried not picking the rocket, sadly didnt help. I will just use high values for thrust then, but what happens if i come across this problem in the future games in this tutorial or ones i come across in my own games? thank you, have a good day.

Which version of Unity do you use?

If I created a new game, I would use the latest stable version of Unity. I would make a little prototype and test if the object moves properly. If it does not, I’d try a different solution. There are a few ways to move something in Unity.

For instance, you could move everything involving the Rigidbody instance to the FixedUpdate method. You don’t need Time.deltaTime anymore in that case. You could test another ForceMode, for example, rigidBody.AddRelativeForce(Vector3.up * mainThrust * Time.deltaTime, ForceMode.Impulse);. In the Rigidbody class, you have more methods than AddRelativeForce.

See also:

Thank you, I will also try them. About my unity version i just downloaded the unity hub and then the latest version i think. I don’t know where to check my version but somewhere it says 2019.3.0a5 if it makes sense.

The “a” in the name stands for alpha. Avoid using alpha versions for actual projects because they are usually full of bugs. Use a stable version instead.

Thank you very much, I will try to download the stable version tonight then!

Hello, can you tell me whats the latest stable version? I am looking at the website and i see this for lts, LTS Release 2017.4.29f1 ? I also see 2019.1.8. I dont know which one to get, thank you.

Download the latest stable version of 2019 or 2018. 2017 is too old.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms