Probuilder colour not applying

I have followed the Unity FPS tutorial and unfortunately, no colour is applied when i attempt to change colour on the shell, a similar question was asked before but didn’t seem to get solved

Is there something I have missed during the video or anywhere else?

thank you

Hi dslad,

In which course and lecture are you?

Hi

I’m on the Complete Unity 3D Developer: Design & Develop 3D Unity games Using C# zombie runner, probuilder for making props lecture.

Thank you

Which version of Unity do you use? And which version of ProBuilder do you use? Are there any error messages in your console?

I am using the unity 2020.3.42f1 personal
probuilder 4.5.2

there are no console errors that I can see

thank you

Could you please share screenshots of what you see in Unity? And how do you try to apply colours to the meshes?

Usually, Unity should give you at least a message or maybe an “odd” icon if something does not work.

this is what I currently see on unity, even when attempting all color’s shown

is there anything I have missed?

thank you

Unfortunately, I cannot spot any issue in your screenshot. From what I see in the manual, the latest version of ProBuilder is 5.2, so 4.5.2 is heavily outdated. Maybe you are experiencing a bug.

Here is the instruction how to add colors with ProBuilder 4.5.2:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.probuilder@4.5/manual/workflow-vertexcolors.html

The “warning” on the linked webpage might be relevant. Maybe you’ll have to change the material on the mesh.

HI

Thank you, I have just changed the material and got colours to apply.

for anyone else who may have this issue, I changed the mesh renderer to proBuilderDefault to allow colors to be applied

Thank you again

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms