Problems with the Grid System

I Have some problems with the grid System.
if i move the Tiles it dont move 10 per drag instead it moves a bit more.

Hi Kadus,

Have you already tried to restart Unity? If so and if the issue persists, how did you drag the tile? What exactly did you do? And does this problem occur with all tiles or just specific tiles?

Hey Nina,

I have tried to restart Unity, my PC and clear the cache in Unity, but i have the same problem.
i drag the Tile with the Red and Blue Arrow.
It only occur on the grass Tile the other Tiles work fine.

What happens if you manually set the grass tile to a rounded position?

The manual might also be helpful:

If I set the grass tile to a rounded position manually, that works fine.
But that is not a good workflow.
If I only touches the Red and Blue Arrow before I drag them, the bug/problem appears.

If I only touches the Red and Blue Arrow before I drag them, the bug/problem appears.

That’s how Unity works. The snapping tool moves the game object from the current position to a predefined offset.

Have you tested Ctrl + \? See the linked manual.

I know, the Coordinate are 0, 0, 0, if i touch the Red arrow and dont move the Tile my X Coordinate has chanched to -0.000215292.
but if i Turn off the Mesh on the Tile all works fine, maybe i turn the Mesh off and create The world and after that i turn it on :joy:

Maybe there is a bug in your version of Unity. Have you already tried to update?

If the issue persists, it could make sense to report a bug to Unity via (Help > Report a bug).

I had same issue before. I couldn’t solve this just like you.
I started new project, and I followed exact same order with instructor. This time it worked well. I guess instruction order is important somehow in this case.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms