Probleme: My Rig Changes Position in Edit/Object Mode?

my rigging changes position when I switch to edit mode, I haven’t found a solution, apart from redoing my rigging each time, I don’t know what this is due to,
Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Marc_Carlyon can you help him out?

1 Like

This is usually down to moving something in edit mode when it was meant to be moved in pose mode.
Unfortunately at this stage its very hard to tell where the issue happens and its usually easier to rerig.
The best thing i can advise for this is to follow the lecture step by step and using multiple saves (Even if you have to make 20 of them for one lecture), this way you can pin down where you went wrong and if not you have positions to go back to.

I know its not a solution but more of a guide to spot where you went wrong and believe me i did it to!

2 Likes

Did you select all your bones in pose mode and press Alt+G, Alt+R and Alt+S to clear all transforms?

2 Likes

Moved post to the Ask section.

Yes it does that if you set to rest position while in pose mode then go to edit mode it will stay in place. If it is in pose position it will stay in the posed position in object and pose mode, but not in edit mode.

Selected, the bones when in edit mode are always in rest position.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms