Problem with to sphere - issue: pivot point

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this.

I was having a problem with my selection bunching up or collapsing inward when i applied to sphere. couldnt figure it out for quite awhile. So i stopped and took a day off cuz i was hitting it hard and figured i was just tired and not following the directions well. When i came back i started the video at the very begining and followed the steps again and the same thing happened. ok, now i knew it wasnt me not following directions or being tired. I checked this forum and a person had posted an image of an issue with a correction on his attempt at this. so i started looking at all the buttons and found the problem. It was the pivot point, at some point i changed it and forgot to set it back. so i set it to median point and problem was solved.

Julio

3 month old reply!!

I’m having issues with what the title says so posting in here as the topic is close…
I ‘to sphere’ around the hole and if the cursor is outside of the circle, then I rotate the ring.
If the cursor gets snapped to center, then ‘to sphere’ does nothing.
If the cursor gets snapped to the face of the ball, center of the soon to be circle… then ‘to sphere’ works and makes a circle.

Also… I can subdivide the hexagon w/ triangles evenly… makes a lot of nice smaller triangles.
If I then to Circle them all, it makes a lovely crater with most of the geometry getting smushed around the edges… maybe it’s cause I’m running 2.79. maybe it’s cause I’m on Win 10 with a comp from 2007… I just have a bit to clean up and it about works, kind of. Its just not as pretty.

Privacy & Terms