Problem with applying armature on my light model

hi,
i am stuck applying bones to my light. when i move the bone for the light’s arm, it moves everything. i double check the transform and location, all applied accordingly…

please help

below is my working file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MorQUDa41plOBJmM–78I6Z4C3L2GvRR/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hi. I took I look at your file and found the problem. The parenting is wrong.

Right now, all of your objects are parented to the top arm bone. So when you move the arm, everything will move with it. You need to select the bone you want to parent to in pose mode before you go to object mode and parent the object to the armature.

So what you need to do is…

Go into pose mode, select the bottom bone only. Go into object mode, select light.base, shift select armature, ctrl-p and parent to bone. Do the same for light.stem. Now both the light.base and light.stem are parented to the bottom bone.

Your light.arm is already parented to the empty light.arm.null, which in turn is already parented to the top arm bone. So after fixing the bottom part as I described, it should already be working as expected.

But I noticed that you did not use a mirror modifier as in the lecture. I recommend that you follow the instructions as shown in the course. It’s good to learn how to use mirror modifiers.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms