Problem on grabbing landscapes

I am having a problem when trying to grabbing the mountains in the dinosaur scene.
When I try to increase the mountain clicking on a second locatio in the mountain, blender create separations and it not takes the whole mountain.
It does not grab it as a single mountain. I’m sure it’s something I have misconfigured. I am using blender 3.4.
I don’t know if this has happened to anyone and can you help me what I’m doing wrong?

Here are a link of what it happened to me

3 Likes

That’s odd! Does it happen when you delete the plane and create a new one?

What are your settings under Falloff?

1 Like

Can’t quite tell on phone. Is there any symmetry on at all?
If you want, save the blend file as it is and fire me a copy over, can always take a look see if I can see anything if you can’t find out what’s causing it

1 Like

Hi, i tried to get the same problem as you get… but i can’t :sweat_smile: i really don’t know what went wrong with your grab.

To continue your progress, you should try in edit mode the proportional Editing. You will get the “same” result like you get with the grab brush.

this won’t help you with this bug… maybe in a new project your grab brush work normaly.

2 Likes

Hello and thank you

On falloff I have smooth and sphere.
I have delete the grid (it is not a plane) and create a new one and it is happen the same.
I have start a new design and create another grid and it is happen the same.

1 Like

Happy to take a look if you want to message me the .blend file. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Search on the ASK forum, for the solution.
Another student had the same problem just a couple of days (weeks) ago.
I forgot the solution (it was a simple one).

Thank you Myn.

Here you have de blend file. Please confirm if the problem is or is not in the blend file.

I will search for the solution in the ask forum as FedPete answer and if I not find the solution, I will try to reinstall the Blender application.

1 Like

IT IS SOLVED.

I found the solution in the ASK forum. Manuel Nunez wrote the solution in this topic.

The grid was scaled, and the solution was to apply the scale before sculpt it.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Well done for finding the fix!

Scaling was the first thing I thought of but I couldn’t reproduce, so I’ve just had a look at the .blend file. The issue specifically is that you had non-uniform scaling – you had scaled only in the X and Y axis:

If you scale Z to the same value (22.601), the sculpting works fine – even if you don’t apply the scale! But applying the scale is still better to do anyway. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, unlucky i also scaled my plane while i tried to reproduce it.
Cause i scaled a plane… i didn’t used shift+z so i scaled all 3 …

Strange behave :sweat_smile: nice that you found a solution !

1 Like

Blender object contains many data types, like material, location scale, etc.
But also mesh data as a separate object entity.
That is why mesh scale and object scale can be different.
For most calculations, Blender uses internal mesh data.
And if the object scale is different from the mesh data scale, you encounter strange problems.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms