Problem on blender when entering shading mode

Hello, i start learning blender, everything was OK following the course until i enter shading mode, i don’t know how to solve this problem but every time i enter in shading mode my character is bugging and looks like he reflect the background or getting the background texture, if you can help me it will mean a lot to me, Thank you <3

1 Like

One possibility though unlikely, is somehow you have the viewport visibility set to ‘wire’ it should be on textured by default.
In the object properties tab, (orange square icon) scroll down to Viewport Display, look at the ‘Display as’ Dropdown box it should say textured, if it says wire change it.

Is there something else not selected there under the red and white circle of the cursor?

Are you using an AMD graphics card? It may be a driver glitch.

3 Likes

hello, thank you for your reply, yes i use an AMD graphics card, i search the error and i can’t rly do much about it, thank you this helped me to find the source of the error

2 Likes

Switch between Cycles and Eevee
The viewport shading “Material Preview” mode uses always Eevee.
Switch over to viewport shading “Render Preview” mode, switch eevee /cycles.

Do you use things like Matcap

Is your material glass, transparent etc.

Does it render like this also in Eevee, Cycles …

2 Likes

As FedPete says it may be an Eevee only problem as it is a AMD card issue.
Have you tried just doing a proper non viewport render with Cycles instead?
Or setting Cycles as your renderer and trying the rendered not material viewport option.

Might keep you able to move forwards.

2 Likes

With the RX cards the solution is to jump back 2 versions in the drivers.
This also seems to appear with screen space reflections being turned on in the viewport so it could be the same issue being applied in the shader view
As a test you could try looking at the scene settings and turning on the screen space reflections in the layout view and see if you get the same issue.

If its the same issue then you may have to resolve the driver issue.

2 Likes

UPDATE : amd give an update and the bug is gone, thank you everyone for help!!! xoxo

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms