PrintLine not autocompleting, and include path errors

I have looked through the suggestions that pop up to the right when I create this topic and none of those solutions have worked. I also browsed through the forum and haven’t been able to fix this error. I really want to make sure autocomplete is working for me before I delve into more coding as it’s essential!

When I go to create my hello world in BullCowCartridge.cpp (Lecture 43), I have a red line under the #include "BullCowCartridge.h" directive at the top, and when I go to type in PrintLine I don’t get it in my autocomplete list (I get Printf and other things, but apparently no UE content).

The exact errors I am getting are:

BullCowCartridge.h:
#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (C:\Users\Abe\Projects\Udemy UE4 course\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Source\BullCowGame\BullCowCartridge.cpp).
cannot open source file "UBT_COMPILED_PLATFORM/UBT_COMPILED_PLATFORMPlatformCompilerPreSetup.h" (dependency of "CoreMinimal.h")
cannot open source file "UBT_COMPILED_PLATFORM/UBT_COMPILED_PLATFORMPlatformTime.h" (dependency of "Console/Cartridge.h")

I am:

• Using VSCode

I have:

• Generated the project files through UE via File > Create visual studio code project (I also tried refreshing when it didn’t work)
  • Opened code from UE via File > Open VS code
  • Opened code from my developer cmd by using the code command
  • Opened code from the desktop
  • Updated my compiler path in Edit Configurations (UI) - and JSON (main difference was x86 instead of x64)
  • Made sure that my BullCows directory is in the include paths (three lines had already been added to that setting for this directory)
  • Googled profusely
  • Looked back through the course for any reference to these errors (and found Lecture 16. “A note about red underlines”, followed it to no avail)

Any help appreciated!

That seems like you’re using UE 4.25, The IntelliSense issue has been fixed in UE 4.26.1 so upgrading would probably be best.

Thanks for the help! I installed UE 4.26.1 and re-opened the BullCowGame in it - the engine needed to rebuild some files and compile shaders again, after which I re-set visual studio code as my editor in Editor Settings > Source Code, restarted the editor and hit “Refresh Visual Studio Project”, then “Open Visual Studio Code”, give it a second to refresh symbols or whatever and now I have intellisense! Thanks DanM!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms