Presenting... Beatrice the Beast! Critiques very appreciated

I’m fairly happy with how the sculpt went but things took a dark turn when baking my multires normal maps. The pauldrons in particular were quite the tragedy. They looked so good in the HP multires version but never quite survived the baking process which I suspect has to do with the UV map. I’m also not sure what happened with her ears but I just couldn’t get my low poly topology to behave with the normal map and gave up.

Would love any critiques if you have them!

6 Likes

A great new approach. We finally can start a family of Orcs.
Love the lighting and use of material.
Very expressive character, well done!

3 Likes

Welcome to this site with a great Orcess!

I went for the same idea female orc.
Seem to have got distracted from it while well through I must finish her off!
You have a very different face, very good.

OrcBasic

4 Likes

Thank you, both! I love your lady orc as well and I like that long arm look. It really goes with the orc character. I dare someone to make the baby orc now.

3 Likes

I haven’t reached this section yet, will definitely think about this - chubby orc baby LOL
Also the loin cloth looks more like satin than leather (what I’ve seen on most orcs so far), not sure if this was intentional but fits the lady!

3 Likes

Chubby baby orc with a mace for a rattle perhaps?? As for the would be leather, satin is a very generous description, thank you. I was going for some kind of fabric but it’s so chunky, I think it might look a bit like plastic.

1 Like

looking really great xxx jess

Beatrice looks great! I suffered a lot me too with topology and baking and finally I drop the multires for the 2 separate versions HP and LP, it was easier.
Keep going!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms