Poseidon's Treasure GDD

I really suck at stories, and that’s something I’d like to get better at, but this is the best I can come up with.
Story: In honor of Poseidon, the God of the Sea, a great statue was built in the ocean. However, not all the sea creatures like Poseidon, and decide to band together and ruin the statue. The merfolk and their allies have to protect the statue from squids, octopi, sharks, and other nasty creatures to keep them from ruining the statue by inking it up and biting chunks out of it.
:squid: :squid: :squid: :octopus: :octopus: :octopus: :shark: :shark: :shark:
Game Genre: Strategy/tactical tower defense

Core Game Loop: player can place towers to fend off enemies from reaching the statue, trying to survive as long as possible

Art: Sea-themed, voxel art

Platform: PC/Mac/Linux

Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 1920x1080

Input: Mouse

Stretch Goals:

1. Different types of towers. I’m a big fan of Tower Defense games and you really want a good selection of towers to bring more replayability and opportunities for strategy to the game. I want to have a basic tower, a debuff tower, an AOE tower of some sort, and a high-power but really expensive tower (Think Bloons TD series SuperMonkey.)

2. Different types of enemies. I want this for pretty much the same reasons as goal 1. I want a basic enemy, a strong/slow enemy, and a fast enemy, at the very least.

3. Different maps/randomly generated maps. Not sure how easy this will be, but it would be cool

4. Difficulty settings?

Privacy & Terms