Polygon2D Texture's 'Repeat' flag seemingly not working like the video

It’s worth noting the “Repeat” flag is also in a different spot than it was when this video was made. It’s now found in the CanvasItem’s “Texture” section.

When “Repeat” is off, my maze looks like this:

When “Repeat” is on, my maze looks like this:

The texture seems normal in the inspector:

It looks to me like the texture is being repeated horizontally, but not vertically. I’ve looked around at other settings and also done some googling but I can’t seem to find anyone else talking about this problem.

The only way I was able to replicate this issue was by unlinking the Maze Polygon2D’s Polygon2D–>Texture–>Scale property and throwing them wildly out of proportion, and really, that’s what it looks like to me from your screenshots. Hopefully it really is as simple as setting this back to (1, 1); if you don’t find any search results about this at all, that does suggest it may be something like this.

I’ve checked Kaan’s final commit of Speedy Saucer and the only setting he changed in the inspector (apart from adding the texture and defining the polygon points) was setting Repeat to Enabled; therefore, if any other settings are changed on your maze, try clicking the reset arrow. Best of luck =)

1 Like

I did not have anything else changed for Polygon2D, but hearing you were only able to replicate this by messing with the scale, I fiddled with it too and found a scale of (0.2, 2) made the texture look very close to normal. So after further fiddling, for some reason my Maze root node had a scale set, so that was being inherited by Polygon2D. No idea how that happened, but fixing that certainly fixed it.

Thanks for your help!

(I don’t know what the etiquette is for marking a solution…I marked mine because the solution was technically different than your suggestion, but if the etiquette suggests I mark yours I will change it to that)

1 Like

I actually don’t know if there are any guidelines on this. While I certainly appreciate the topic being marked as Solved so that others know this issue is resolved, I personally think the Solution mark should go on whatever post any TLDR readers should look at first, so in this case, that would be yours. Really I just gave you a thread to pull on ^v^

In any case, well done squashing that bug!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms