Please Read: Blender Weekly Collab Voting & Participation Sign-Up

Hello All

This post is about Blender Weekly Collab Voting & Participation Sign-Up and it is being posted here in the Show section, as this is where most members are active and are more likely to read this.

The Blender Weekly Collab event, is a fun and engaging way for members to be creative with new subjects each week and to see what others are creating, outside the scope of the course.

It also helps you to practice your skills and to learn to problem solve and quickly complete projects from conception to finished article.

As is self evident, it is a weekly event but with very little competitive element, and consists of two parts that “we” want you to become involved with.

Note: I am not a moderator or associated with this course in any way other than I am a member like you.

I’ll start with the 2nd of the two parts you can become involved with: Voting.

You do not need to have entered to vote. Each week, @FedPete or another moderator creates a post with all that weeks entries and you can vote for your favourite.

This week on the subject of “fruit” we only have 18 votes as I write this. There are many more members active in the Show section and it would be great if they (you) would take a few seconds to view the entries and vote each week.

The 1st of the 2 main parts of participation is to actually enter with your own creation, and all entries are welcome, no matter the skill level. You can participate every week or once or twice a month - it’s up to you.

Weekly winners typically pick the subject matter for the event 2 weeks later and that weeks winning entry gets added to the Hall of Fame, which is a nice achievement.

All of the previous Hall of Fame, weekly winners can be seen in the Blender Collab section, within the Blender section of these forums - and I encourage you to go take a look and make it part of your regular browsing activity.

So how do you get involved…?

Whether it’s just to be involved in Voting to start with, and/ or enter with your own entry - you can reply to this post asking @FedPete to add you to the Alert list.

Just post something like:

@FedPete, please add me to the Blender Weekly Collab alert list.

Use the “@” so @FedPete gets notified of your message.

Joining the Alert list means each week when the new event Subject is posted, you will see a notification on your profile, directing you where to get involved.

That’s it, thanks for reading and hopefully you will become involved in the Blender Weekly Collab.

Edit: thank you for pinning this.

6 Likes

3 Likes

You can do that on your own now.
Using the main menu (3 bars icon) and select groups.

Activate the “Blender collab group”. Or deactivate …

Have fun!

2 Likes

3 Likes

If you want to stay informed of the BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

@FedPete please add me to the weekly blender collab

1 Like

Just click on the blue “Subscribe or unsubscribe” link.
You’ll see a list of possible subscriptions, select “Collab …”

1 Like

1 Like

Subscribe or unsubscribe

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms