Please help with source tree recover

Hi all

i have scrude screwed up badly some how and can’t fix
I’m not sure how to go back to source tree and recover and start over from my last commit.
I know there was a short lecture on it but can’t find it.
was not sure that I got how to do it for sure…
if you could point me to a video ot tutoral or tell me the steps in 6th grader would under standing i would greatly appreciated it.

thanks

Hi,

1. Close Unreal Editor and Visual Studio (or the code editor of your choice you use)
  2. Open sourcetree (if not opened yet)
  3. Discard your changes (if there are any pending) (Click Discard button on the top panel - confirm if asked)
  4. If there was something to discard : Reopen Unreal Editor and retry whether that fixed it for you
  5. If point 4 didnt help, then In sourcetree, navigate to the “Log/History tab” at the bottom of your screen (you will see list of all commits)
  6. Double-click on any commit that you think used to work.
  7. Verify that it helped.

If you are sure that it worked before but even after reverting to older commit it does not, then you might have broken some assets/portions of the project that are not tracked by your repository (listed in .gitignore file). To fix that, Try to delete the whole project and clone your repository locally again.

I’d encourage you to watch simple youtube videos for basic usage of Sourcetree and working with repositories (in this case, Git).

-Martin

thanks for the replay
that worked

Privacy & Terms