Please Help, RequestDirectMove failed

Hi… I surely followed the lecture exactly, but there’s no log from RequestDirectMove.

I think the possible cause is that the MoveToActor finds nav movement component instead of our tank movement component, but I don’t see your lecture dealt with that.

I’m not even sure if the MoveToActor works, because when I commented the whole overridden RequestDirectMove, the AI tank does not come to me at all.

If you have your project on GitHub or any other provider please link it.

Yes I do.

To be honest, other than the RequestDirectMove problem I have, my AI tank also would not target me at most time (it works sometime).

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Actually, I checked and realize my eye height was somehow set to 174, and when I set it back to default, RequestDirectMove problem is solved!

But still the AI tank would not aim at me until I move…

You want DoNotTrace for SuggestProjectileVelocity in UTankAimingComponent::AimAt

bool Suggest = UGameplayStatics::SuggestProjectileVelocity(this, OutVelocity, Start,
HitLocation, LaunchSpeed, false, 0.f, 0.f, ESuggestProjVelocityTraceOption::DoNotTrace);

oh wow thx, xcode pops different version of the method, and I thought it’s because of my engine version.

This not only solves my problem, but also make the rotation smooth.

What does AimAt have to do with anything? How is this RequestDirectMove getting called because I added this function to my TankAIController as in the lecture with no string output or any result otherwise aswell

Oh my problem must be different then his because his is outputting a string just maybe not the right one. I get no string at all; the function is not magically being called on the possesed pawn’s auto-detected movement component

Privacy & Terms