Player Oversteps Obstacle at first hit

Hello,

I’m having a problem when i first bump my player against the obstacle. On the first bump the player penetrates the obstacle, then after that it just bumps with the obstacle.

Can someone please tell me where should I be looking in my code to fix this error (so that the player never penetrates the obstacle).

Please ask me if you need me to attach screenshots of my code.

Best Regards.

Roberto Pilleux.

Hi @Robert1 looks like you’ve put this in Unity Skill Builder and should be under Unity Courses
@Nina can you help / and move it?

Hi @Robert1,

I’m sorry for the late reply. For some reason, your thread appeared in the wrong subforum. I’ve just moved it to the correct one. Do you still need help with this problem? If so, what do you mean by “penetrates the obstacle”?

Thanks for letting me know about the problem, @EddieRocks. I’ve just moved the thread. :slight_smile:

Hi Nina and EddieRocks,

Sorry for placing this problem on the wrong category and thanks for replacing it.

Thanks for answering my problem.

By penetrates I mean it goes through the obstacle.

Have you already tried to slow the player down? Unity’s physics simulation cannot handle fast moving objects well unless you start tweaking things which might have an negative impact on the performance.

Slowing the player down worked,

Thank you Nina.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms