Player doesn't move

Hi, first post here.
I’ currently at Step 113 Section 6 of the course and despite following everything perfectly, my Player does not move. I’ve tried multiple editor versions (from the most recent to the one used in the video) to creating a new project or just following the solutions I found on the forum from people who had my same issue.
Hope you guys can help me out because I’m really going crazy over this.

Hi Enmaphy,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Have you already compared your code to the Lecture Project Changes which can be found in the Resources of this lecture? Make sure all method names are spelt correctly. In you PlayerInput component, there is the OnMove method in the list. Unity is looking for this method in your code.

Have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to see what is going on during runtime?

Hi! Sorry for the extremely late reply (work + other issues happened).
It turns out I am very dumb and I should not do this stuff when I’m tired, the player wouldn’t move because I wrote “onMove()” instead of “OnMove()”. Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

What do you define as “extremely late reply”? You were really fast. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you spotted and fixed the problem yourself. Misspelling a method is a very common mistake that happens to everybody.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms