Pivot point

why we used the pivot point thing i tried to do it without changing its place and nothing changed please tell me why we need to place it in the corner

Hi Yamam,

The pivot point is the origin. The rest gets rendered relative to it. When we put the pivot point into the bottom left corner, the mesh (which consists of 4 vertices) gets rendered to the right side. The 4 vertices are relative to the pivot point. The image gets rendered on the surface formed by the 4 vertices.

If you move the game object and the pivot point respectively, the mesh does not change its relative position.

Rick puts the pivot point into the bottom left corner because he wants to align the left edge of the mesh with x = 0.

Does that make sense? If not, change the position of the pivot point and set the game object to x = 0.

1 Like

what is the problem here exactly
well i think ill know the difference better after a few project for now ill stick to this method

What do you mean by problem?

The problem in the lecture was: Align the left edge of the image with x = 0. Rick’s solution was: Set the pivot point to the bottom left corner so you can simply set the x-position of the game object to 0.

1 Like

oh ok thx a lot

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms