Pivot Point Movement and Box Collider

So I am super frustrated, because I keep following what you guys are saying but the pivot point won’t move. The Pivot point has never moved at all. I even recorded myself doing it. Here is a link to the video I recorded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R5R7KCL-xTLokUZQG7cVBdXtn04BOMgb/view?usp=sharing

The Box collider for the rocket is below the rocket itself. I assume this is because the Pivot point hasn’t been changed yet.

Another thing is my box collider isn’t working at all. I have it on, but when I try to place the rocket on the platform it doesn’t try to hook onto the platform.

Hello Joseph,
Upload your video on Youtube, we don’t have access to the link you posted.

Lecture 42, around 8:22 is what you are missing.
Ben grabs all the childed objects and drags them down, so they can be as close to the pivot point as possible, then selects the ROCKET SHIP object (the parent object) and moves that up.

In your video, you just drag all the child objects up and down, but never select or move the parent object. Check the 8:22 mark on Lecture 42 again.

What about Box Collider mine does not seem to be working at all. Even though its on

What do you mean by that? Are you trying to place your rocket on the platform in the editor? The collider is not responsible for “hooking” into things. You drag-drop your rocket ship from the asset explorer while in CENTER mode.

Also, your video does not show your box collider at all so I can’t understand exactly what your issue is with the collider.

I would suggest that you slowly watch lecture 42 again.

do you mean it falls through the platform, is so check you have a collider on the parent gameobject that hold all the rocket parts and the collider is not on the child gameobjects.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms