Pivot point issues

So I am working on Project Boost, from the 2017-2019 course, just plan to finish boost before switching to the new version. But I just added the ability to rotate the ship and am having issues with the location of the pivot point.

When I select the child pieces of the ship, the pivot point is perfect. However, back in the parent of the rocket ship, the pivot point is far below the ship.

How can I get the pivot point from the children to be reflected in the parent? (Or whatever the proper solution is)

Thank you so much!

Hi,

Check the two buttons next to the Play button. Are they set to “Pivot | Global”? If not, you don’t see the pivot point in the scene editor.

Furthermore, the children move relative to their parent. We move the parent via code, thus we rotate the pivot point of the parent, and the children rotate relative to that point. You’ll have to move the children up and down until you are happy with the rotation of the rocket.

So pivot point is on. My issue is that when I select the children objects the pivot point is perfect, however when I switch back to parent the pivot point is not where it needs to be

Select the children, then click on GameObject (top menu bar) > Center on children. Is this what you are looking for?

Privacy & Terms