Pilot Academy - Lighting for levels 1, and 2

Right now, I’m going for an underground-ish theme to my levels. I’m also messing around with the idea in my head that the more levels you progress through, the closer you get to outer space, and to graduating from Pilot Academy. I believe the current objective for these first few missions will be to find and rescue a fellow student whose ship crashed and was lost in these tunnels. I might make an updated video later on to show my progress, but for now I feel like this is fine. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I actually really like this idea. I like how it is all a training sequence so it ends up working really well. It also leads up to possible space mission sin the future as in DLC or another game. What is your main goal for the player experience?

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad you like it. I really just want to allow the player to feel like they have a sense of progression, like they’re moving toward something. Space is essentially the dream, what you’re shooting for, and you’ll have to progress through a variety of (hopefully cool) environments, and take on a wide range of levels before you can reach it. I might have checkpoints at the end of each mission / environment ( like after rescuing a crashed pilot ) so the player doesn’t have to start all the way from the beginning. For this idea, I was kind of inspired by Super Mario, how after each 8-10 levels you travel to a new world or environment, and by the Ranger School from “Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia”, where disaster happens in the academy, and you kind of learn with a trial by fire.

Privacy & Terms