Pillars and crates

I might have been carried away with variants :sweat_smile:

And forgot to share crates:

7 Likes

One size of crate?

1 Like

One size for nowā€¦ I even removed different barrel sizes. I need to see how Grants proposes to organize scene (now itā€™s a mess :sweat_smile: ) and how he textures thingsā€¦ at the end I will be able to create more variants.

btw. right now those object scales seems to be a bitā€¦ bigā€¦

ok, I just watched ā€˜organising the modulesā€™ lectureā€¦ itā€™s still a mess, but less of a mess. I am surprised that Grant is not loosing it with so many versions of cube.00*, cylinder.00* and plane.00* :sweat_smile:

I will do the organization by myselfā€¦ like that

But before finishing the section Iā€™ll look how some game asset creators on unreal marketplace and unity asset store organize their collectionsā€¦ I might even create an asset pack just for the practice of it.

2 Likes

Sooā€¦ I reviewed many packages by various asset creators for unity and unreal. Including those made by Unity and Epic. There is no magic there. Mostly itā€™s just 1-3 levels of tree in directory structure with a few categories like buildings, props, nature etc. Sometimes creators are lazy and there is no organization at all (i.e., all the meshes in one directory).

I think there are just 2 important/consistent things that assets packs I looked at have in common: consistent naming convention and demo maps. Both of which help in discoverability of what a given asset pack has inside.

Sounds reasonable, basic sorting into groups. It is perhaps surprising there is no recommended structure, it would make creatorsā€™ and usersā€™ lives simpler and more consistant.

Demo Maps?

1 Like

It definitely would. But if for example Epic has different conventions between their asset packs than I guess establishing ā€œglobal standardā€ would be very difficult.

Demo levels, demo scenesā€¦ Each software has different nomenclature :sweat_smile:. Basically an example layout and placement of assets. Like in the section would be - example dungeon layout.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms