Pillar Details - Challenge

I hid the other two pillars to add the “damage” to the first one.
When I was done with that, I unhid the other two but they don’t reappear, and I can’t figure out how to get them to appear again so I can apply some “damage” to them.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

If you hid them with H, then Alt H will unhide them.
The other possibility is you actually sent them to isolation view. Backslash on the number pad toggles that on and off.

They might be under the visible column too? You can select the other pillars like cube.003 in the outliner then move them to one side if that is so.

Hi,

Use alt h to unhide things !

BUT!, It depends on where you use the original HIDE h-key on.

You can also hide the mesh in EDIT mode, then go into edit mode and unhide there.

Also, there is the '/`-key on the numpad, which hides every object, except the selected object!
This in combination with ‘h’, can lead to missing visual parts.

But your objects are still there, as you can see in the “Outliner”-panel.
But maybe you’ve deleted the mesh?

• Use main menu > Window > save screenshot, so you don’t accidentally show personal info in the other screen. Try it out.
2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’ve figured this one out, but others who read this. If you look at the image on the upper left hand corner it’s in local view. We know this because “User Perspective (Local)”. To enter and exit local view(Also sometimes called isolation mode) you press / which will show only the object you have selected. If you’re in Local view you can select objects and press M to remove them from the local view.(This doesn’t delete them). Hope this help someone.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms