Piano legs

I’ve been building a piano to practice shapes with curves.

Here’s where I’m at:

These aren’t the legs that I was intending to build. I wanted to do a curve and then extrude a shape like this, but I couldn’t work out how to take the curve down one side and mirror identical vertices on the other side before extruding. This is the kind of shape I’d like:

Any suggestions?

Brian

2 Likes

Cube. Loop cut vertically. Delete left side. Add mirror modifier. Grab right side drag out right. Select lower side edge, Ctrl B bevel scroll wheel up several edges. click. Pop up panel change shape to hollow curve, mine was .09.

Select the bottom edge again, put on proportional editing, G, drag towards centre constrained on X, till the bottom start of the curve is where you want it and the rest of the bevel was adjusted too. Bix the bevel shape with more edge grabbing with proportional editing help.

Face mode select base face. Inset a bit, pop up panel untick ‘boundary’.
Extrude inset face down. Scale in for main leg taper.
Extrude ‘ankle’ section. Loop cut several cuts in the ankle section.
Select base face, Scale with Proportional editing on, (invert seems closest) Adjust on smooth standard Proportional edit gabs and moves.

Select base face. Extrude the last section needed down. Scale in xy to make the last taper.

Mine ended up narrow in Y at the foot end so scaled all ankle and below by Y, wider to square it off.

1 Like

I think to proceed further in the course to learn more Blender features. As NP5 shows you, it can be done, but you need just a bit more info. Which will be explained.

Advice is not to stick too long at a specific challenge, because cause there is much and much more to learn.
I know, in the beginning, we all have beautiful ideas to produce in Blender. And it’s really fun doing them. But sometimes you need more Blender insights.

Have fun, show us your progress.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms