Personal Project - Papercraft Design

One of my goals for taking this course is to be able to design my own Papercraft projects. I’ve assembled dozens of other peoples designs and figured it was time to make my own. I imported the blender file into Pepakura, and edited the design slightly, then printed/cut/folded/glued! Its not perfect, but a great start!

(Its a dagger design from one of my favorite video games, Riven: The Sequel to Myst)

3-lp038

Blender Design

Pepakura breakdown

Assembly

Finished product! (Waiting for paint)

8 Likes

Oh my goodness . . . I haven’t thought about Myst and Riven in decades!! The original versions were created with a 3D software app called Bryce, and that’s how I got into 3D graphics back in 2000-2001.

You’ve done a great job on this. Do show us how the finished dagger looks after you paint it.

3 Likes

That sounds a good plan. :grin:

Scroll down the thread for the eventual image of the card model.

So why not use the built in Blender solution? Export as a paper model add on, just activate it in Edit, Preferences.

Though that separate program is worth knowing about.

2 Likes

… I guess because I didn’t know it was there! I’ll give that a shot next. Thanks for the heads up.

That industrial scene is awesome. Monster chick!

2 Likes

Cyan World came out with a new game a few years back, completely seperate from the Myst canon. It was called Obduction, and it was FANTASTIC. Highly recommend if you enjoy challenging puzzle games.

2 Likes

I’m not really into playing those types off computer games anymore, but I’ll check it out just to see what it’s all about.

hi, is it possible for you to please send the pdo file OR templates of this dagger T pratyush.tarun@gmail.com

Privacy & Terms