PDF Creation in Unreal engine 4

hello everyone, I am new to Unreal engine. I am working on a Kiosk project using unreal. I have a feature which needs to create a PDF. Is there any way to create PDF in unreal?

Welcome to the course :slight_smile:

@DanM are you able to help out here?

In Unreal? Very highly doubt it. You would most likely need to use a third party C++ library for that.

Giving the fact that 2 years have passed since your initial post on this thread, I would like to receive an update from you if you’ve managed to find a way to create PDF in Unreal or not? I also hope you could give us more details about your Kiosk project, what it was about and what did you make out of it? I am new to Unreal engine too, but I’m eager to learn more about how to use it properly to create my own projects. At the moment, I just use a pdf to word ocr online website which helps me convert pdf files to work fast and easily, and I feel the need for an upgrade regarding my abilities.

Unreal is a game engine. You can do other things with it but if your goal is productivity tools or other things like that which are not entertainment, using a game engine seems quite weird.

Perhaps that’s a viewpoint situation but I don’t get it. You could definitely do it if you write all the code from scratch or if you find a 3rd party library that does it. That might be the only way it will ever happen here unless Epic sees a need.

Alternatives could be to link out to eg a web page to do it, or one way or another, you should be able to run an external application from the engine of c++ software that you create to do it.

Privacy & Terms