PC and/or Tablet upgrade

Hopefully this is a good place to ask this since it does deal directly with blender and graphics:

I was considering whether I should upgrade my computer or get a tablet. Both will be needed eventually. @FedPete had mentioned that I should consider upgrading my PC graphics before getting a tablet.

1. What would be good things to invest in for my PC, things to upgrade before I actually need to buy a completely new one?

Specs found below

Specs

My current specs are:

Dell Optiplex 9020 Tower Desktop Computer | Intel Core i7 4770@3.6GHz 16GB DDR3 RAM 512GB SSD Windows 10 Home WiFi HDMI | NVIDIA GT1050Ti 4GB DDR5 Refurbished

and I think I do have space to upgrade my Ram beyond 16GB. I also have 1 TB internal HDD now to store my projects. A PC is not complete without an internal HDD. If I need more space, the rest can be external.

1. What would be a good tablet to get, but not too expensive?

I am considering the XP Pen Artist 22 2nd Gen. I have done some research of the various models out there, this one seems decent.

Thanks.

1 Like

It is all very personal. I tend pretty much not to upgrade old computers but wait and get a new one. But choose good parts to the new one that should be good for a decent while.

Right now it seems there just are not the chips available to make the better graphics cards. Which I would consider a key item. Personally, I would not get a last generation one for a year or so use before replacing the whole machine. But people differ. My next machine may well be the last one I buy at my age. Or there could be some breakthrough that hugely increases capability tempting more replacements!

1 Like

Would you consider a NVIDIA GT1050Ti suitable enough?

Maybe, search on these forums for key words “hardware” “PC”, because this hardware questions is a frequently asked question.

You are correct. This topic can be closed or even deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms