Pause isn't working for me

Not sure why, but pause isn’t pausing everything. It keeps projectiles and bystanders from flying. It does not keep the spawner from spawning bystanders nor does it stop characters from firing. It does not stop the robot animations and movement or player and camera movement. I’ve checked the pause setting on all nodes and the only one not set to inherit is the PauseMenu under the LevelTemplate. I printed the value of paused in player and robot and it is true when the tree is paused, yet the player and robot processes are clearly happening. Doesn’t seem anyone else is having this problem, so it must be something I’m doing wrong. Can anyone think of something to try or check?

Attach, please, screenshots and / or video, maybe a piece of code.

PauseIssue480.mov.zip (5.7 MB)
Video showing the pause behavior. Note that projectiles don’t fly and bystanders don’t spawn. But ammo refills, player and camera can move and robots animate.

I had the same problem. My fix was to check the pause option in the inspector window on each node. I found to my surprise that other nodes already started as Process instead of Inherited.
Once I went through and changed all the nodes to Inherited (except pause menu that is the only one that should be process) it worked for me as expected. I hope this helps if you have any questions feel free to ask I don’t know if I explained it well enough. Good Luck and Happy Coding!

Yep. The Level template was set to process. Weird, I thought I checked all nodes, but I must have missed that one.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms