PathEnemy isn't synced

Hello, when I try to add the Enemy node to as a child to the PathFollow2D node in order to create this pathenemy scene, the Enemy is placed at a random position each time. It’s not automatically connected to my PathFollow2D point. How do I fix this? Here is a screen shot of where the enemy is vs where my PathFollow2D point is:

If this is happening just when you instantiate the Enemy scene at designtime, I would check the transforms of your actual Enemy scene, which should be (0, 0) for simplicity, and I would check the transforms of this Enemy instance, which should also be 0, 0.

Where the ship exists at designtime is less important than where it is during runtime, so in this particular case, once you’ve reset those transforms, I would actually recommend completing the scripting first (just this video, not the next one about adding this to the spawners) and then seeing if there is still an issue.

Thank you so much. My transforms weren’t set to (0,0). That fixed it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms